Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Plastic

Time was when plastic meant a hard substance, not people. Time was when modern meant current,not out-of-date. Real time meant Greenwich,not streaming. Today the world plays inside post-modern fantasy. God and moral tradition are thrown out with the flick of a jaded brow. My elitist daughter's daughter tells me with twelve year old certainty, "Oh, duh. Of course I know about Adam and Eve; Mom gave me a book with myths from all over the world." Modern or post-modern, brittle plastic breaks: It is only a matter of God's real time.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Deeda, your comments posted fine. They just sit there for a few minutes until I go to my dashboard and see that there are some there!!! Glad you like my site! I like yours too

Carol said...

I can't find the "crank up" thing but I imagine that is what we were talking about. We live on the side of a mountain. The ones behind the title of our blog are the Spanish Peaks and we can see them from one end of our deck. The front of the deck looks out toward Mount Maestas. It is absolutely beautiful here. Mia just said that you don't fly?? You must take a road trip this way! :)+

Carol said...

time was that masks meant Halloween, not every day.